Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dad's Visit


My dad came to visit us this August. He hasn't been down in like 10 years so we had a lot to show him! Both Justin's place in Lynden and mine up in Canada. We had a few chances to paint he and I. This is a plein air painting we did when we went camping at Mt Baker. It was really fun. My dad's is on the left and mine on the right. Then we traded and I got his, he got mine. His is hanging in my kitchen currently. I get to look at it every time I walk in or walk by to use the bathroom. It's so much more fun having someone to paint with. I have never finished two paintings in one week before. Only happens when he's around. :) Just think of the things I could accomplish if we lived closer! LOL
I'll put a few more the pictures up soon from our visit. It was a great time and I really enjoyed it. It feels good to know that he has met Cameron's Dad and seen our place and where we live. Currently my friend Laura, Cameron's cousin, is over visiting from Indiana. So it's been kinda busy and hectic. Enjoyable though. Always great to have family and friends around.
PS Didn't win at the Art Competition judge this monday, I am proud to have made it to the top 30 though.

4 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed my visit so much. And it was so much fun to paint with you. You have so much talent it so cool to see you blossum as a artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I learnt a lot from you during those two painting times. I could learn so much more if I had you around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, your turning into a wonderful painter! You are light years ahead of your Dad when he was your age. Both Fran and I are really impressed with your work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH thanks Uncle Chris! So nice to hear from you. I appreciate that!

    I'm def trying to keep it up. It's hard without company but getting into top 30 of that art competition really inspired me to paint more. Tell Fran I say hi! <3

    ReplyDelete