Sunday, April 24, 2011

Art Show Painting



I've recently joined an art group in White Rock. They are very well organized and have two art shows a year, amongst other opportunities to display art. The May show lets you enter up to 4 paintings. Too many for me to get done so I just did this one. It has to be finished today so if there are any pointers that do not require a huge amount of work I'm all ears ;)
This is from a picture my friend took on a road trip through Canada one summer. Probably the fastest I've finished a 16x20 painting. Only because I had to really lol. So I am not sure if the quality is very good. That's why I am asking for tips.
Here is a link to the art group I joined. http://www.artsociety.ca/aboutus.html
CJ

2 comments:

  1. I don't really know a lot about painting, but there's a lot of detail in the clouds and the mountains, what about adding some to the leafy trees in the foreground? I like it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know a lot sis. That's exactly what other artists mentioned to me. So I did that exact thing :)

    ReplyDelete